Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Your decisions today affect your reality tomorrow

While looking through a local newspaper in the fall of 2009, I learned of a job fair at Invesco field. I planned to attend. But the following morning I struggled to muster the energy and desire to attend yet another job fair. I almost didn’t go. But I had this nagging thought in the back of my head: “What if I miss out on an opportunity because I’m not feeling like going today?”

I’m glad I pushed myself into going. I interviewed with a number of the companies represented at the fair. One of the companies I was interested in at the job fair was the “Accounting and Business School of the Rockies”. When I visited with them at the fair, I felt genuinely interested in attending classes in order to demonstrate recent education and job skills to prospective employers.

After taking the Professional Bookkeeper Certificate Program, I found myself interested in becoming an instructor for the school. So I submitted my resume and am now gainfully employed in a position that I truly enjoy. A decision made over a year ago now has me well on my way to enjoying a challenging new career. I hate to think what would have happened if I didn’t attend that job fair! So remember, the decisions you make today affect your reality tomorrow. Don’t wait!!!

We offer short-term Certificate programs for Professional Bookkeeping, Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Office Skills, Call Center/Customer Service, Microsoft Power User and Project Management bootcamp. We also offer Securities training for those interested in passing the Series 6 or Series 7 licensing tests. Please call us today at 303-755-6885 to learn more about exciting opportunities to make your future reality a good one!

No comments: